One Simple Step To Your Dream Job
1. Lower your standards and come work for me. Details below.
Executive Assistant to Munger Place Pastor
This busy position provides administrative support to the Munger Place Pastor and to Munger Place Church in general, to help ensure the smooth functioning of the church and its ministries.
Location:??Munger Place Church, Dallas, TX
Essential duties?include the following, plus other duties as required or assigned:
- Calendar Management?(pastor and church): Maintain pastor‘s and church calendar, responding to all meeting requests, gathering relevant background materials. Confirm all appointments.
- Email/Voicemail Management?(pastor and main church account): Open and screen incoming e-mail and listen to voicemail, respond on pastor‘s behalf when possible, and forward to others when appropriate.
- Errands:?Run errands in own vehicle as needed/requested. This will include routinely picking up mail and copies from Highland Park UMC multiple times weekly.
- Office Management:? Provide administrative services such as distributing/processing mail, preparing correspondence and reports for pastor, updating membership database and running reports, processing bills for payment, receiving and directing visitors, procuring supplies for office and worship and meeting with vendors.
- Organization:? Organize, maintain and revamp as necessary church filing systems; help organize/maintain storage closets, maintain both hard and soft copies of marriage, baptism and other important records.
- Events:?Enter all events in EventU database; manage regularly occurring event registrations; prepare agendas, nametags, and support materials; communicating with key players as necessary.
- Meetings:?Assist pastor in preparing for meetings and events by providing agendas, support and background information. Attend designated meetings (with or in place of pastor), taking notes and minutes of relevant discussions, and as appropriate, interacting in ways that solve and prevent problems.
- Church Activities:? Assist as needed in church activities, coordinate and communicate with volunteers.
- Triage, dispense and record benevolent aid according to process developed by Munger staff.
- Assist building services in keeping the church buildings uncluttered, organized, neat and orderly, bringing problems to attention of building technician.
- Be proactive within prescribed limits in foreseeing and resolving problems, as well as conducting business in ways that avoid issues.
Working Hours:??Usual hours will be Monday-Thursday 8:30-5, Friday 8:30-noon; however, these hours may be revised as needed when attendance is needed at church activities or events.
We Require?a committed Christian who is comfortable working in a United Methodist Church environment, with the following qualifications:
- At least 1 year of responsible office experience
- High school diploma required, college preferred
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of initiative and follow-through, who can anticipate needs and efficiently get things done, as well as a desire for constant improvement in performance and efficiency.
- Excellent oral and written communication and listening skills, as well as good spelling, grammar, punctuation abilities.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, capable of learning and using David Allen’s GTD (Getting Things Done) system
- Excellent interpersonal and relational skills, including the ability to deal cordially and efficiently with others without being pulled into any issues or complaints they present.
- Professional attitude, appearance and demeanor, maintaining grace under pressure.
- High degree of discretion with confidential information.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and shift priorities as necessary, while maintaining a positive, can-do spirit.
- Capable of functioning both independently and as part of a team.
We provide?competitive pay and full benefit package, as well as a fitness facility, free garage parking, generous holiday schedule, and a fun, supportive and collaborative work environment!
TO APPLY, please email the following email@example.com,‘specifying Exec.Asst. in subject line:
- Resume & cover letter/email
- Salary requirement
- Your religious/church affiliation (HPUMC or Munger Place membership not required)
No calls, please.
– See more at: http://www.hpumc.org/about-us/employment/job-opening-executive-assistant/#sthash.S1NjEzC5.dpuf