If you are looking for your dream job, look no further…
Because your dream job doesn’t exist. But, my church is hiring in our kids ministry: know anyone who’d be a good fit?*
Director of D6 Family Ministry
Munger Place Church is growing, and we are expanding our staff! This full-time position is responsible for working with the Director of Discipleship and volunteer team to define, implement and oversee Christian education for children from birth through fifth grade, including Sunday morning programs, Vacation Bible School and much more. This position will also collaborate with other Munger staff on general Discipleship and churchwide programs and matters.
D6 attendance on Sunday mornings currently averages about 175 children, with approximately 67 adults in D6 volunteer service.
The Director of D6 Family Ministry is expected to maintain high Christian values and professional integrity in order to provide an example for the children and families of our community. His/her job is also to encourage all children and families of the community to strive for the same standards.
Usual working hours are Monday – Thursday 9 am – 5 pm, Sunday 8 am – 1 pm, an evening small group, and meetings/events at various times.
Location: Dallas, TX
Essential Responsibilities include:
Pastoral: Influence and lead children and their families to Jesus Christ, being available to them in crisis situations and for concerns/questions, making pastoral care visits.
• Supervising, evaluating, recruiting, coordinating, training and supporting the D6 Ministry volunteer teams.
• Selecting, supervising and directing paid, part-time nursery/childcare workers and art hour coordinator.
• Attending/helping lead adult leadership retreats and meetings.
• Participating in the research, design, and implementation of a ministry to the parents of children 0-18.
• Evaluating, planning, coordinating and overseeing all planning for regular ministries to children and their families, which includes D6 Sunday School, 4th and 5th grade ministry, childcare, Confirmation, family fight nights, parent classes/meetings, and any programming added to Children and Family Ministry.
• Updating D6 webpages.
• Helping plan and lead special children and/or family events (i.e. Back to School Sunday, 3rd Grade Bible Sunday, Christmas Eve Family Service, etc).
• Planning and executing summer Vacation Bible School.
• Consistently evaluating the effectiveness of D6 programs and events and reacting accordingly.
• Managing the D6 budget.
• Collaborating with D6 and family ministries at HPUMC.
• Attending church staff meetings, professional development/continuing education events and other meetings/events as necessary.
WE REQUIRE a Christian (preferably United Methodist) committed to living a life that reflects the Gospel who is comfortable working in a United Methodist church and has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field strongly preferred
- Seminary or other formal religious education preferred
- At least 3 years experience in church ministry as staff or lay leader
- Supervisory experience required
- Ability to build, lead and empower volunteer teams
- Ability to adapt and evaluate curriculum
- Ability to implement a ministry vision
- Proficient computer skills, using applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database, email, Internet and social media. Should also be comfortable updating website pages.
- Excellent organization, communication (verbal and written) and listening skills, with a high degree of initiative and accountability
- Exceptional interpersonal and relational skills, with sensitivity to church members and visitors
- Familiarity with United Methodist doctrine; must be comfortable teaching it and representing the church
- Understanding and enjoyment of children and families and guiding their spiritual development
- Familiarity and comfort with special needs children and with diverse socioeconomic populations
- Physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, seeing, hearing, lifting approx. 10 lbs.
We provide competitive pay and full benefit package, generous holiday schedule, and a fun, collaborative and supportive work environment!
To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying D6 Director/Munger in subject line:
- Resume & cover letter/email
- Your pay requirement
- Your religious/church affiliation
No calls, please.
* For those of you Mungarians who are wondering, Amanda Grubbs is NOT going anywhere. Instead, she’ll become Director of Discipleship at Munger and will be responsible for D6, youth, and adult discipleship, i.e., she’ll be overseeing the aspects of ministry at Munger that do not involve worship. Amanda is a talented, faithful leader, and I think she’ll be a rockstar in this new role. If you see her around, be sure to tell her congratulations on her promotion (which is what this essentially is). I’m personally grateful to have her as a colleague.