Want to work with me? I’m?hiring an executive assistant. See details below.
I’m looking for an executive assistant who will protect my time and give me the space to do the work that?God created me to do.
Location:??Munger Place Church, Dallas, TX
Essential duties?include the following, plus other duties as required or assigned:
- Calendar Management?(pastor and church): Maintain pastor‘s and church calendar, responding to all meeting requests, gathering relevant background materials. Confirm all appointments.
- Email/Voicemail Management?(pastor and main church account): Open and screen incoming e-mail and listen to voicemail, respond on pastor‘s behalf when possible, and forward to others when appropriate.
- Errands:?Run errands in own vehicle as needed/requested. This will include routinely picking up mail and copies from Highland Park UMC multiple times weekly.
- Pastoral Office Management:? Provide administrative services such as preparing correspondence and reports for pastor, processing bills for payment, receiving and directing visitors, and procuring supplies for office.
- Organization:? Organize, maintain and revamp as necessary church filing systems; maintain both hard and soft copies of marriage, baptism and other important records.
- Meetings:?Assist pastor in preparing for meetings and events by providing agendas, support and background information.? Attend designated meetings (with or in place of pastor), taking notes and minutes of relevant discussions, and as appropriate, interacting in ways that solve and prevent problems. Keep track of next actions as agreed in meetings, and follow up with others to ensure these items are accomplished.
- Church Activities:? Assist as needed in church activities.
- Assist building services in keeping the church buildings uncluttered, organized, neat and orderly, bringing problems to attention of building technician.
- Be proactive within prescribed limits in foreseeing and resolving problems, as well as conducting business in ways that avoid issues.
Working Hours:??Usual hours will be Monday-Thursday 8:30-5, Friday 8:30-noon; however, these hours may be revised as needed when attendance is needed at church activities or events.
We Require?a committed Christian who is comfortable working in a United Methodist Church environment, with the following qualifications:
- At least 3?years of responsible office experience required
- High school diploma required, college preferred
- Must be a self-starter who is responsive and has a high level of initiative and follow-through, who can anticipate needs and efficiently get things done, as well as a desire for constant improvement in performance and efficiency.
- Excellent oral and written communication and listening skills, as well as good spelling, grammar, punctuation abilities.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, capable of learning and using David Allen’s GTD (Getting Things Done) system
- Excellent interpersonal and relational skills, including the ability to deal cordially and efficiently with others without being pulled into any issues or complaints they present.
- Professional attitude, appearance and demeanor, maintaining grace under pressure.
- High degree of discretion with confidential information.
- Excellent computer proficiency with MS Office Suite, email, and ability to learn and use Arena church database
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and shift priorities as necessary, while maintaining a positive, can-do spirit.
- Capable of functioning both independently and as part of a team.
- Good driving record, current driver’s license and own vehicle, for running errands
- Physical abilities to see, hear, speak, sit, stand, walk, lift/carry up to 10 lbs., fine motor skills and ability to move about as necessary.
We provide?competitive pay and full benefit package, generous holiday schedule, and a fun, supportive and collaborative work environment!
TO APPLY, please email the following firstname.lastname@example.org,‘specifying Exec.Asst. in subject line:
- Resume & cover letter/email
- Salary requirement
- Your religious/church affiliation (HPUMC or Munger Place membership not required)
No calls, please.