Some brief thoughts on the Parable of the Good Samaritan:
- This parable is utterly brilliant–see how Jesus totally flips the perspective?
- Neighbor moves from the object (“Who is my neighbor?) to the subject (“How can I be a neighbor?”).
- Samaritans were HATED by the Jews and considered half-breeds. Who would be the Samaritan today if Jesus were telling YOU this parable? Donald Trump? Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez? An illegal immigrant? A member of the Border Patrol?
- Jesus makes it clear that there is no limit how much we should love and care for other people–the Good Samaritan does far more than just the minimum.
- The Christians faith is not about believing but about doing. Jesus says, “Go and do likewise.”
To whom do you need to be a Good Samaritan today?
***Sign Up to Receive My Weekday Updates***
Subscribe here to receive a weekday update as we read through the Gospel of Luke.
In addition to my weekday blogging on the Gospels, I also write occasionally about other topics. Subscribe here to be notified when I publish a new post.
P.S. All Subscribers Will Get My Free Whitepaper!
If you sign up for my Andrew Forrest newsletter, I’ll send you a white paper I’ve written called “The Simple Technique Anyone Can Immediately Use to Become a Better Communicator”.